Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm a Grocery Store Cashier's Nightmare.

I went to Food Town for groceries today.

I only had $10 to spend.

I got 4 yogurt cups, a box of Texas toast, a frozen pizza, a frozen fettucini alfredo lunch, a block of sharp cheddar cheese, a box of Hefty bags for freezing stuff, a 12 pack of Pepsi and a 6-pack of Busch Light.

How did I do that?

The yogurt, the Texas toast, the pizza, the fettucini, and the Hefty bags were free, gifts from the manufacturers when I wrote them a nice complimentary email. I had a coupon to take $2 off the cheese, making it $2.36. The 12 pack of Pepsi was on sale for $2.99, and Busch Light was on sale for $3.99. My total was $9.84. Had I not had coupons, I would have paid $26.29.

And now we are set for the week! This combined with the food we already have here at home will make for lunches and suppers for the rest of the week.

But the poor cashier had to call over a manager to enter all my coupons, because apparently to give away free stuff, they have to use their key in the register. Oh well. I'm still pretty happy about it! I can't wait until Friday...I'm already making my CVS and Walgreens battle plans.

I win,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment