Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mini-Walgreens Trip: Saved 76% of Total Price

I haven't been able to get out and shop too much lately because I've been sick, but I was itching to get some free groceries. And I was out of razors. So I went to Walgreens yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I own the store now.

I saved 97% on three items and paid full price on one, making my total cost a 76% savings.

I used a coupon for a free box of Always Infinity pads that I got from emailing them to tell them how awesome they are. They are normally $7.99 a box.

I used a coupon for a free box of Kashi cereal that I got from RecycleBank for doing a survey on environmentalism to get Kashi Autumn Harvest cereal which is normally $4.50.

I used a store coupon that made BIC Soleil razors $3.59 down from $5.99 and stacked it with a manufacturer coupon for $3 off one pack from an insert from last week to get the razors for $0.59.

I had to pay full price on a bottle of Similac Sensitive Ready-to-Feed, if it weren't for that I would have spent a whole $0.59 on the razors, pads, and Kashi cereal, spending 3% of the products' worth. But I spent $6.49 on the formula, which brought my percentage down to 76% off, or 24% spent. Total out of pocket: $7.02.

How did you do this week?
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment