Saturday, July 3, 2010

Babies R Us, Lowe's, CVS, and Food Town

This morning Brian let me sleep in, and then we went shopping! My favorite.

We first went to Babies R Us for supplies to fatten Jasper up. I picked up two boxes of Similac for $23.49 apiece, and then 3 two-packs of Gerber organic baby food at $1.39 a pack. I used a coupon to get $4 off the two boxes of Similac, bringing them down to $21.49 each. I used a coupon for 75 cents off the Gerber baby food, making them 1.14 each. Then I used another coupon to take $5 off of my total, bringing me down to $41.40. It should have been $51.15. Considering how rare good prices on formula are, I consider it a success.

Then we stopped at Lowe's, and Brian went in to pick up some Kingsford Charcoal. The 16 lb bags were on sale for $8.48, AND they were buy one get one free! So he bought two bags of charcoal for $4.24 each. Those bags are $9.51 each at Food Town, regular price. He should have spent $19.02 total.

When it started pouring, I ducked into CVS to catch some great deals. I picked up two boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats and a box of Frosted Flakes, on sale for $2.50 each, with a $1.25 off three coupon, then Stayfree Overnight pads were on sale buy one get one free, and I had a coupon for buy one get one free. So I got two free, regular price $3.79 each. Then I grabbed two bottles of Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce, because they sent me two coupons in the mail for free bottles, so they were free too. Betty Crocker brownie mixes were on sale for 88 cents each, and I used a 75 cents off of two coupon, making them $1.01 for the pair. I paid $7.01, and got $3 in ECBs back, (1 for the cereal, 2 for my quarterly ECB earning.) making my total $4.01. I should have spent $30.91.

Food Town was rough. They rarely will accept my coupons. Today I bought a roll of Viva paper towels, regularly $2.04 for $1.04, got three 12 oz packs of Bar-S bacon for free with my second $5 gift certificate, two jars of Beech Nut baby food for 9 cents each, normally 59 cents each with a coupon from them, and a bag of Dole salad for $1.54, regularly $2.29 with a coupon they sent me. Should have spent $10.82, actually spent $3.07.

Thank you, thank you very much.
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment