Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Just Spent $100!

Well, just about.

I am having a little sticker shock issue.

I went to CVS and got 2 cans of Progresso chicken soup, a Schick Hydro 5 razor, and some sponges for $2.28 out of pocket and $4 in ECBs to spend later

Then after lunch I went for groceries.

I went to Walgreens first, because they had Lysol toilet bowl cleaner on sale 2 for $2.99, and I had two coupons for $1 off of those, so I got them for 53 cents each after tax. No problems there.

But then...

I went to Walmart because that pleasant incident restored my faith in the franchise. And because they always accept my coupons for free items.

I had Jasper in the stroller and was pushing the cart (hadn't anticipated needing the cart) and since it's tax-free weekend, it was so ridiculously crowded in there. I picked up ink for the printer, and I was picking up 4 jars of stage 2 baby food and figured I would price check the baby cages. Jasper has been crawling all over the place and I need him caged. It turned out they had a Graco brand baby cage clearanced for $45, down from like $120. A quick call to Brian confirmed that I could not pass that up.

I loaded it under the cart with assistance from a kind bystander, and went on my merry way. And I saw on an endcap that Sweet Baby Ray's 40 oz barbecue sauces were down to $1, and I had a $1 off coupon. Yay! I went around and colleccted 3 flavors of Crystal Light, a box of 80 trash bags, a pound each of beef sausage and cheddar cheese, an 8 pack of Lance sandwich crackers, a dozen eggs, a 10 lb bag of potatoes, and a pint of blueberries.

For everything I bought minus the baby cage and the printer ink, I spent $23.46. That's a little better. $178.89 worth of stuff we needed came into this house today, and I spent $91.70. I saved $87.19.

And Jasper can sleep in the baby cage when the new baby gets here and kicks him out of his crib.

But I spent so much money...
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. True with the spending, but kids are so much safer in the cages, or the 'pen, so that's peace of mind. My grandma swore by them and we were all in it when she cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They definitely are. Once they get mobile, nothing is sacred. Everything you lost, they find. Chapstick caps, diaper pins, twisties from bread, the button that popped off my pants the other day...And he loves his cage. This afternoon alone I've got so much done that in my mind it's paid for itself.

    ReplyDelete