Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Only Paid for 30% of the Groceries I Bought Today!

I went to CVS today to see what kind of damage I could do.
I went in with $5 in ECBs from last week. I grabbed two boxes of Lipton Tea Bags, which were 2/$6 and I had a 50 cents off coupon for that. Then, since I had to spend $4 more on certain products to get a $3 ECB, I picked up two jars of Skippy peanut butter to match my coupon for $1 off of two and a jar of Ragu, all 3 were $4.
Then I grabbed a tube of Colgate toothpaste - this was kind of a shopping addiction enabler. It was priced at $2.99 and came with $2 in ECBs, and with my $1 off coupon it came out to negative one penny.
Head and Shoulders was on sale for $4.99 a bottle, and I had a buy one get one free which made them each a little under $2.50 apiece.
Dawn Hand Renewal was 97 cents and I had a dollar off coupon from my HomeMadeSimple book. So I made 3 cents off of that.
Air Wick refills were 2 for $5 and I had a coupon for $1 off the refills plus another for a free warmer if you bought the refills. So I got two refills and a plug in warmer for $4.
And Old Spice deodorant was $2.99.

After the $5 ECB came off....

I spent $22 even, saved $29.33, and came home with $7 in ECBs. So really, I spent $15 for $51.33 of groceries!


That's a 70% savings! Hooray! And I've got ECBs to roll to next week!

Rock on.
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment