Thursday, September 9, 2010

Return of Cheapskate: I'm Back!

We got our internet back yesterday. My unplugged hiatus apparently caused quite the upset among my extended family, all of whom live far away. I know you are glad to hear that now that they have seen photos and actual video footage of Jasper, they are satisfied that he isn't being held hostage Genie-style.

In other news, yesterday's mail brought me my Schick Hydro 5 rebate check. Let's review THAT tasty little transaction, shall we?

I bought the Schick Hydro 5 razor at CVS for Brian's ridiculous beard (think 9:30 am shadow) at $8.97. I used a $5 off coupon from the paper in the beginning of August. This brought the out of pocket expense down to $3.97. It was accompanied by an ECB of $4, meaning that I made 3 cents off the transaction.

But it gets better.

I then turned in the proof of purchase and the receipt with the rebate form to the Schick company, and yesterday I received my rebate check for $8.97. I got a free $10razor and $8.97 cash, all for the price of a stamp and 15 minutes of effort.

Also in the mail: Free mini notepad with photos on it for a kid's stocking, sample Stayfree pad, sample of Nature Made chewable vitamin D, free Nature Made pedometer, coupons for Bounce and Pampers wipes. That's been over the last few days, not just yesterday. I haven't gotten the mail for today...I might just lazily wait until tomorrow. It's late and I'm tired.

My CVS conquest is mostly planned. I have 4 B1G1 coupons for Sobe LifeWater to use, giving me 8 free bottles, and then my $1/2 Trident coupon will get me two packs of gum for 99 cents. Then I'll get back $1 and 99 cent ECBs, making my profit $1, plus my $16 worth of merchandise. Not sure what I'll roll those ECBs to, but it might just wait until Sunday. I could always pick up some candy corn, my current obsession, but I might not.

In other news, the new baby is 21 weeks cooked, and his name is Jonathan James Bedford. He might go by Jonny, he might go by JJ, I guess we'll see what he seems like when he gets here!

I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open, so I am about to go study the inside of the lids.

Nighty night,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment