Friday, February 11, 2011

Quick and Easy Wreath

Our new house was sorely in need of some homey decorations. My parents have been in town, so they have helped out a lot. My dad hung most of our family pictures and the mirror my brother made for me. (We couldn't hang a few of them because I didn't look at the backs of the frames before I bought them and they don't have hangers. DOH.)

My mom mentioned a wreath for the front door today, and I thought it was a great idea. Then I figured, why can't I just make one? So I googled it, and I found a how-to for a rag wreath. I forget which site, but they are all the same.

So I'm going to repeat them!

I took a wire hanger, which we have 7 zillion of because of the city doing Brian's work laundry, and I had Brian bend it to make it a circle.

Then I tore some baby boy printed flannel material into strips about an inch wide and 6 inches long...but I wasn't exact, because I am lazy and I also like the home made look.

I tied them around the hanger until I couldn't jam on another one, and had Brian cut off the hanging part of the hanger. Then I tied on the blue ribbon and ta-da! Super pretty.

I was happy to see when I checked out the front door that there were already nails to hang it up, so I tossed the thing up there and took this picture.



Turned out pretty nice! And you could use any scraps you have laying around. I know I'm not going to be particularly ambitious with the fabric I have, so it might just become a few wreaths. I like them for indoors and outdoors, anyway. :)

If anybody else who reads this thing ever made anything neat out of scraps, show me!!

Love and kisses,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I'm planning on using Logan's flannel receiving blankets to make a quilt. But for now he still likes to cuddle them :)

    ReplyDelete