Wednesday, June 29, 2011

ThredUp Summer Reading Moment Contest!

Post your cutest "Summer Reading Moment" to the ThredUp Facebook Wall by the end of today and be entered to win a ThredUp t-shirt!

If you don't know what ThredUp is, allow me to enlighten you. It's amazing. Kids' clothes cost an exorbitant amount of money, right? And so do their food, their diapers, and later their sports, their scouts, their school. So wouldn't you like to lighten that load a little?

ThredUp is a HUGE national clothing swap! You go on their site, create your profile, and pick your first box. It costs $5, plus $10.95 shipping. (They always ship in Medium flat-rate boxes. Members are encouraged to cram the boxes full!) Then you post your own box! Each box is described (or should be) with what exactly is in it. The better the description, the faster it will be picked!

So, in effect, you swap your kids outgrown clothes for clothes that will fit! And hopefully, be your style, which is where the description comes in. I've gotten some really great boxes! My husband's on board with it too: He decided when I found the toddler bedding for our son's big boy bed that ThredUp is a worthwhile endeavor! It is almost brand new. Desert camo with army trucks. The previous owner shoved in the comforter, flat sheet, fitted sheet, and pillowcase, and THEN added in an army man rainjacket for Jasper to grow into! It's a 2T, so when he's sleeping in the army bed, he'll fit into the jacket. My husband was VERY impressed.



So if you want to try it out, post a comment with your email (all comments are set up to be moderated, so I won't publish anyone's email. I will invite and delete!) and I will send you an invite link. If you sign up through my link, you will start out with a $5 credit and a temporary PRO membership - this allows you to only pay shipping for your first box, and to see ALL the boxes as soon as they are posted for a limited time!

Give it a try, you might find something you REALLY like! Like I said, I've got some really amazing boxes!

Love and kisses,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment