Monday, July 4, 2011

Cheap and Delicious Breakfast




I said, "Oatmeal for breakfast." I was met with lots of cheers, and one "I hate oatmeal."

Nat doesn't hate this oatmeal! Honeybaked oatmeal was a hit with the hater!

You mix 3 cups of rolled oats, 1 tsp each of baking powder and cinnamon, and half a tsp of salt. In a separate bowl, whisk two eggs, half a cup of honey, and half a cup of melted butter. Then combine bowls and mix it well.

You just bake it up at 350 for about half an hour in a small casserole dish (we use an 11 cup Pyrex, but I think an 8x8 would work the same.)

She said, "Healthy cake for breakfast!" Win! We served with sliced apples, Yum!

Try it out sometime this summer!

Love and kisses,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Do you think this would work with adding fresh fruit like peaches maybe take out the honey? Let me know what you think would work since you know the recipe and how wet things need to be I was thinking about making it for breakfast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete