Sunday, July 3, 2011

CVS and Walgreens 7/3 - Taking Advantage of the CVS Gas Card!

This morning I went out about 9 am, hit CVS first.

I grabbed a big box of Pampers Cruisers, Pantene shampoo and conditioner, a bottle of Gillette body wash, 3 bottles of Dawn dish soap, and a pack of Always pads.
At the kiosk, I was given my quarterly ECB ($3), a $3 coupon for baby care, a $2/2 Pantene, a $1.50 off Gillette body wash.
I had in hand, a $2/2 Pantene from a sample, a $10 off Pampers from a phone call I made a few weeks ago, $2 off Gillette from a P&G mailer from a long time ago, but it was still in date, and $1 off Always.
I paid $10.74 out of pocket, and was given a $10 Shell Gas Card. So in effect, I spent 74 cents for all that goodness, the total value of which was $57.78


At Walgreens, I bought 2 12 packs of Cottonelle for $5 each, with no coupons, a 6 pack of Scott Naturals, for $5, Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse, $3, and a diet Coke.

I had a coupon for the Scott paper towels for $1 off, and a $3 off Herbal Essences from today's P&G. I paid $16.88 and saved $4.99.

Total today: $79.65 worth of paper products, diapers, bath stuff, gas, and Coke. I paid $17.62.



Edit: For some reason I can't reply to Kathy through comments. But everyone needs to see this anyway:

TBH, I didn't check the coupon as closely as I had thought. I don't remember it having that many words on it. But to clarify, I went to Herbal Essences directly and you're right: $3 off 1 styler, wyb any product.

It did not beep when I used it at Walgreens, but it should have. While I'm not going to take the stuff back to the store, this is a way to make the coupon work even better for you:

CVS $2/2 + $3/1 + $1/1 for a product and a styler, pay 97 cents for two and get back $1 ECB, making both free, which is a better deal than just having got the one free.

Love and kisses,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I'm still confused about the $3 cpn. It says "$3 off one Herbal or Aussie styler when you purchase one Herbal or Aussie product". I understand you don't need to buy both an herbal essence and Aussie styler since it says OR. However, I thought the fact that it said $3 off WHEN YOU BUY an Herbal or Aussie product meant you have to buy an Herbal or Aussie product and the syler to use the $3 off the styler. I think you can use a $1 off one cpn with that on the other product, but some are even questioning whether that is permitted.
    I'm just trying to clarify, as there has been a lot of confusion, espec for newbies. This cpn wording is very confusing!
    I hope I'm wrong, your deal is sweeter, but...

    ReplyDelete